This space gathers ideas, concepts, visions and perceptions captured throughout my career as an architect, sculptor and photographer.
For over 15 years, my work has been constantly evolving, influenced by my cultural ties with the Basque Country, Italy and the UK. The Bartlett School of Architecture and the universities of Florence and the Basque Country, together with my professional experience at international architectural practices have played a key role in my heterogeneous work.
The constant obsession to represent a reality defined by light and time has driven me to test different artistic disciplines in an attempt to cover a broader spectrum. The clay and metal sculptures I created at the Official School of Arts and Crafts of Vitoria and La Bisbal Ceramic School soon proved to be excessively static, however, my architecture studies led me to discover 70s and 80s Land Art as a mechanism to materialise light and time. My interest in photography arose as a consequence of attempting to capture the essence of Land Art installations.
Currently, I am based in London, collaborating on different projects and developing my career as an architect and visual artist.
• 1990 Vitoria-Gasteiz – Basque Country (Spain)
• 1999-2008 Clay Sculpture – Official School of Arts and Crafts – Vitoria-Gasteiz
• 2008-2015 BA, MArch & MSc Architecture – University of the Basque Country EHU-UPV – San Sebastian
• 2010 Forged Metal Sculpture – La Bisbal Ceramic School – Catalonia
• 2012-2013 MArch [European Exchange Program] – University of Florence – Italy
• 2014 VIII International Workshop of Architecture and Landscape – RCR Architectes – RCR BUNKA Foundation – Olot
• 2016 -2017 Master in Arts Architecture and Historic Urban Environments – The Bartlett School of Architecture – University College London
EXHIBITIONS & AWARDS
• 2017 Post-Past- Pre-Future Exhibition – The Bartlett School of Architecture
• 2017 #AhZeBerria Exhibition: Public Urban Art Installations, Haziak Program, City Council of Vitoria-Gasteiz
• 2015 “Haziak” Competition – City Council of Vitoria-Gasteiz – Winner
• 2017 Observatory Centre and Houses Competition in Roccascalegna (Italy) – Young Architects – 3rd Prize
• 2015 Dissertation – MArch & MSc Architecture – EHU UPV – Distinction
• 2017 Dissertation – Master in Arts, Architecture and Historic Urban Environments – The Bartlett School of Architecture – Distinction